Friday, March 9, 2007

THE YAN FAMILY FLAG..A GIFT TO MY HUSBAND..


Well I have to start this journey as the clinging dark shadow emerging from the depths of the fathomless love I have for my husband Jia Wu..Yan Jia Wu..A man that cultivated my imagination and has been the source of endless support and kindness through my suffering. He brought me to the heights of Heaven and when I gaze into his olive shaped eyes I lose every element of myself..dissipating into the grandeur of his benighted presence.
This blog is my humble offering to him and as I bow at his feet my tears turn into petals of jasmine to one day make him totally intoxicated.....

The night before the Year of the Boar descended on us I decided it was time to bring the Yan Flag from my heart onto the computer so that whoever wishes to draw strength from it may do so. It was my gift to the Yan Anscestors and if they are watching my trembling hands type their blessed name I hope they can pray for me in their Heaven...


To use this flag as a mandala here is a little about what it symbolises..I was meditating one day and this is what came...
1. The yellow circle is China in allits splendour.
2. The red and purple trinagles denote Earthly and Heavenly qi.

3. The top trigram from the I Ching is the symbol for Heaven or Qian.
4. The bottom trigram is the symbol for Earth or Kun.
5. The Chinese character in the centre is the name Yan. My husband's family name and as he has accepted me into his family, it has become my name now also.
So I pray and hope that all the Yan anscestors will come together and pray for the rest of us here to make Earth a better place for all........




No comments: