Monday, January 21, 2008

The Chinese New Year is upon Us.


This year is the year of the Rat coming soon and I am quite saddened at the fact that I will not be spending it with my Beloved who is languishing across the Pond and waiting for me to cook noodle soup. Oh well I can't just sit and mope around but instead have to do something about it fast or it will drive us both mad lol.
I hope that every one has a great new year and even though I won't be celebrating as I am far from any thing remotely Chinese here in this neck of the woods my thoughts and prayers will be sent out to every one that is having fun at this time with their friends and loved ones.
The formal name for this year is Wu Jhi and for the Chinese it is the astrological year of 4705..though some astrologers dispute it and say it is 4076.
Chun Lian are special auspicious writings tha many Chinese hang in their homes at the time of the Spring Festival..or Chinese New Year.
Please have a great New Year on me..XIN NIAN KUAI LE...

No comments: